Looking for a summer internship?
Want to make a difference in the world?
Foundation Beyond Belief is a non-profit devoted to “encouraging and demonstrating Humanist generosity and compassion.” FBB does this by focusing on fundraising and sponsoring charities working in the areas of Education, Poverty and Health, Human Rights and the Natural World.
They also engage in inter-religious cooperation through their Challenge the Gap program that works with charities based in other worldviews.
From May 1 to August 31, 2013 Summer Interns will work online at home in the areas of:
- Assisting the Foundation with membership development
- Researching and selecting featured charities
- Donor management
- Outreach, communications (including blog and social media)
- Program design
- And creative organizational development
Click here to learn more about their Summer Interns Program.
By Conor Robinson
Director, Pathfinders Project
Are you interested in travel, service, Humanist leadership and community-building?
Then consider applying to Pathfinders Project, a yearlong international service trip with clean water, education, sustainability, and advocacy projects in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. The trip is sponsored by Foundation Beyond Belief, a non-profit organization created to focus, encourage, and demonstrate the generosity and compassion of secular humanists.
Aims of the Program
Pathfinders Project has three primary aims
- To provide humanitarian service and address specific regional needs in the respective countries visited,
- To foster dialogue across religious, cultural, and ethnic boundaries, and
- To evaluate and compare countries and partner organizations for consideration as the launch site of the Humanist Service Corps as an ongoing program of Foundation Beyond Belief. (more…)
The wildfires in Colorado have caused over 32,000 evacuations and destroyed hundreds of homes so far. And a lot must be done to make sure that number does not continue to grow.
As the cost for fighting the fires continues to rise, FBB’s emergency response branch, the Humanist Crisis Response, has decided to step in where they see the need is greatest, by aiding “seriously underfunded and understaffed first responders” in (more…)